Friday, July 15, 2011

Full Thunder Moon blessings! A garden meditation...

This morning I did something I don't normally do. I got up early to watch the sunrise. Simple enough. And it wasn't planned. It actually came from me being a neurotic and paranoid mother of a 4 month old who has just recently began sleeping the through night in her own crib, in her own room... and after checking on her repeatedly and seeing she was in a very deep sleep and knowing I wasn't soon to follow, I decided to just go make a cuppa tea and relax. As the tea steeped... Moroccan mint, soooo delicious... I looked out our back window and thought, "Well Cindy, you're up now, might as well make the most of this. I mean really, how many sunsets do you ever get to witness?" Not many. Usually life is far too hectic with work and sleep schedules and other duties to even think about waking up at 5 a.m. just to do something as "silly" as watching the sun rise. I thought of it as a gift from the Goddess and quickly took heed to go enjoy this time that's been given to me. Had to slip on a hoodie this morning, since it was only about 60 degrees, unseasonably cool but reminded me of those early fall dawns when the crispness starts to take hold of the morning air, transitioning the season to autumn... ahh, it was just lovely. I sipped my warm tea while I strolled through my front gardens, greeting all my plants and beloved gnomes for the day. I saw the last twinkling stars from the night sky above slowly fade as it brightened with each passing minute. The chirping crickets were soon being outvoiced by the waking birds. Everything was a muted version of its bright daytime colors, just the perfect setting for watching the faeries flit by and seeing the richness of the auras of the all plants surrounding me. Sensing this vitality but being reminded that the apex of the year has already came and went, it was if the Universe was gently reminding me to reflect. So I did. I thought about all the things that have come to fruition this year and how I am blessed to have all that I do. I showed the Earth my gratitude during my silent meditation. It also made me think of what things, people, etc. no longer served me that needed to be cast off, much like the ripening fruit, vegetables and herbs that needed harvesting from the Earth. Everything is closely reaching its peak as the wheel of the year slowly but surely turns to the season of harvest. This is when we reap what we sow, literally and figuratively. What relationships have you nurtured and which ones have you cast off? Which aspects of your personality have been brought to light and which ones have been thrown into darkness? Are you nurturing your physical self as well as the spiritual? All of these reflections are necessary to steer us where we need to be, as we all have some weeding to do in our personal lives. Without a strong physical and emotional body, we cannot garner a strong spiritual one. But all of these bodies must come into balance. And that is what the Universe has shown me today, with this garden meditation and it made me feel quite energized and uplifted, so that is why I am passing it to you. As the sun rises through our tall, strong poplars in the backyard, I spend a special moment with my handsome boxer, Brutus.



He has a gentle, healer's soul and I gave him a bear hug to thank him for being with me today. I am filled with gratitude. I hope you all can find the balance in your lives and heed the call of the Goddess when she asks you to take time for yourself, as well. ~Many fae blessings upon you today and always!~ xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. this is synchronicity! i have seen your blog before but didn't bookmark it and now you have found mine! soem things are meant to be. great to connect with you - give your beautiful dog a big hug from me too.

    ReplyDelete