Friday, July 8, 2011

Creativity abounds!

Hello all! Hoping all my American buddies had a wonderful fourth of July, our's was rained out but it did feel good to veg out around the house all day, hehe.

In the past week or so I've been crafting handmade hemp jewelry and various other items in my downtime (which is sometimes few and far between with a 4 month old!). It's a skill I picked up back in middle school and have since reactivated as a way to express my creativity and hopefully one day be able to have a small business I can just run from home... I'll share some of the photos of my wares and any insight, advice, criticism would be deeply appreciated!

I've opened up my Etsy shop too http://www.etsy.com/shop/PeaceLoveAndLight?ref=pr_shop, but for now it only has one piece, an anklet, as I am still amassing stock.

Dolphin love keychain

Aquarius keychain

Yin-yang keychain

Working on making anklets, bracelets and rings, too! I actually made a super-cool hemp ring with beads just to see if I could do it and I have been wearing it around all day admiring it. It just feels good and gives me pride to create something of value and beauty!

Speaking of value and beauty, my daughter Olivia had her 4 month check-up today and weighed in at 13 pounds, 7 ounces and is now 24" in length! She's only about a pound away from doubling her birthweight. Her doctor said that she is right on the curve for growth. That girl is growing like a weed, I tell ya! Not to mention she has started flipping herself onto her tummy and is beginning to creep along the floor... before I know it she'll be walking! Then after that, walking across the stage at her graduation... Whoa, ok, not so fast. Need to enjoy this baby stage while it lasts, since she'll only be this small for a short time. ~Have a blessed day my friends and may the wee folk bless you always!~ xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment