Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gardening = Grounding

Over the course of the last few days, whilst I've been away, I have been practicing one of my favorite ways of grounding. And this is through gardening. My grandma has always had a green thumb, and she passes her wealth of knowledge of the green world to me bit by bit with every visit she makes to my home. Lately it has been about every 2 weeks, since the birth of my daughter, so she can see how quickly she grows! We mulched and added some new plants to my gardens...

The faery ring

Some of my precious guardians, keeping watch over my late-aunt Sandra's hydrangea bush

... and she showed me how to propagate some of our green friends too. My first experiment with this is a cutting from my corkscrew willow.



The grandmother corkscrew willow that provided the cutting

I feel my root chakra opening; I have had issues with it being too closed in the past and this is something I am trying to remedy, although it's a work in progress. I am a type 5 enneagram (more info on that here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typefive.asp) and it is very important for people of this personality type to open their root chakra, as we tend to very easily become overwhelmed. The root chakra is related to our unconscious, Mother Earth, our sense of smell and our primitive, or "reptilian" brain. It is associated with all means of survival, including security, money, home and sexuality; it helps us stay connected with the here and now. Very recently I have felt disconnected from many things, having the "brain fog" that many new mothers complain of. Digging in the earth, smelling her soil and introducing new plants into my gardens has helped return my vigor and make me feel more stable, or grounded. I still have a lot of work to do, and will be calling on the benevolent elemental beings that reside here to help turn to tide, as right now it seems to always be "feast or famine". Money matters are my biggest problem and I do believe grounding and clearing my root chakra more often will assist in setting these matters right again.

Well mommy duty calls, so I shall head off now... expect a new post very soon regarding starting your very own faery garden! ~Sprinkling pixie dust and blessings!!~~ xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment